Leticia Van de Putte Releases Her Texas First Water and Infrastructure Plans
Today, Senator Leticia Van de Putte, Democratic nominee for Lt. Governor, released her Texas First: Water and Infrastructure policy proposals. Leticia’s Texas First policy plans focus on building a smart economy, strong communities, and secure families.
Senator Van de Putte understands in order to build the Texas of tomorrow, we must invest today.
Senator Leticia Van de Putte released the following statement:
“Texas is facing serious infrastructure and water challenges. To keep our economy strong, we must tackle these issues. Too many Texans are seeing their water supplies dry up and too many workers and goods are stuck on deteriorating roads.
“Each moment in traffic means less time at work and more time away from our families. Products lingering on the highway, rather than being sold at market. When we look at water, lets face the facts – if you don’t have the water, you don’t have the jobs. We must invest to ensure our farmers, ranchers, business, and industries have the water they need to thrive and expand, while all Texans have the water they need for their families.
“We have an opportunity to forge a stronger Texas. Smart business people know that growth requires investment and planning. As Lieutenant Governor, I will continue to foster a prosperous future for all Texas families and businesses by building our infrastructure today.”
Leticia Van de Putte has also released the following Texas First policy proposals:
– Health Care: Building a Texas Solution for Healthy Texans and Strong Texas Businesses
– Texas Promise Scholarship Program
– Higher Education: Preparing Texans for the Jobs of the Future
– PreK-12 Education: A Path To and Through College
– Veterans: Honoring Those Who Protect Us
– Immigration: Securing the Border and Texas’ Economic Future
– Jobs & Economic Development: Good Jobs, the Foundation for Strong Texas