HEB ISD Weather Update for Wednesday Feb. 25, 2015
During the past two days, the winter weather has come in early enough for HEB ISD to make an informed decision early in the evening concerning the closure of school on Monday, Feb. 23 and Tuesday, Feb. 24. However, that does not appear to be the case for the winter weather predicted for Wednesday, Feb. 25. This situation is more unpredictable.
Because the National Weather Service is unsure on the track of the approaching weather, HEB ISD will probably not make a final decision before early Wednesday morning. If the track of the storm moves north of us, they predict we will only get rain. If it moves south of us, they predict we might not get any precipitation. If it moves over the DFW metroplex, they predict we could see 2-4 inches of snow.
Our desire is to get students and staff back to school, but we will once again make a decision based on student and staff safety. Safety is always our top priority.
If HEB ISD decides to delay or close Wednesday, Feb. 25, the District will contact local media, place updates on the District’s website, send out School Backpack, and post on Facebook and Twitter beginning at 5:30 a.m.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we strive to make the best decision for everyone involved.
Please continue to check for further updates on our urgent notifications page: http://schoolctr.hebisd.edu/weather