Upcoming Events, Programs and Happenings at the Saginaw Senior Center
Ongoing Weekly Events
o Bingo followed by a potluck lunch. Bingo starts at 10:30 and Potluck is served at noon.
o 1st Wednesday of each month – White Elephant bring a bingo prize in a bag. Anthony, the pharmacist, joins at 10:00 am to answer questions about health or medications.
o 2nd Wednesday of each month we celebrate those who have birthdays for the month.
o After bingo and potluck, “The Four Seniors” entertain us from 1-2:30 with a variety of music.
o Good food +good music = a GOOD afternoon!
o 3rd Wednesday of each month – Free blood pressure checks at 10:00 by some of the staff at Marine Creek Nursing and Rehab.
o 4th Wednesday of each month
o Exercise class is every Mon./Wed./ Friday mornings at 9:30. This is a non-impact workout that is done from a chair as well as standing. It offers range of motion, stretching and strengthening as well as fun fellowship.
o “Make and Take” Craft Days, all supplies provided, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
o Karaoke / Singing: Join those who love to sing here at the Log Cabin for a time of “Simply Singing”. Bring your music or an instrument, or just yourself! Dates vary within the month, check calendar for specific dates and times.
Upcoming Classes & Events
· AARP Smart Driver Course – March 23, 2015
· Decorative “chalk” vases with Peggy – April 10
· Back to Basics Cooking Lesson Series – April 13
· Bracelets with B.J. – April 17
· Back to Basics Cooking Lesson Series – April 20
· Senior Craft Fair – Saturday, April 25, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Door prizes/ Raffle Drawings/ Wonderful craft and beautiful items. Come and shop!
· Back to Basics Cooking Lesson Series – April 27
· Wii Bowling Tournament – Monday, April 27, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
For more information, check out http://www.ci.saginaw.tx.us/197/Senior-Center or call Vickie Weldon (Senior Center Supervisor) at 817-230-0593.