Richland Hills: Open Position for Fire Captain
Position: Fire Captain
Closing Date for Application: Monday, September 21, 2015 at 5:30pm
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eight or more years of fire service experience, four or more years of EMS experience
- Advanced Firefighter Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Instructor I Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Fire Officer I Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Hazardous Materials Technician Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- National Registry or Texas Dept of State Health Services Certification as an EMT-Paramedic
- Valid Texas Class B CDL or CDL Exempt Driver’s License
Salary Information: Salary range of $55,262 to $80,130
How to Apply:
Internal: Resume and Cover Letter only.
External: An application packet includes a resume, cover letter, City of Richland Hills Employment
Application, and the RHFD Personal History Statement. The application packet is available at the
Richland Hills Fire/Rescue Department, 3201 Diana Drive during normal business hours or on the
City of Richland Hills’ website, www.richlandhills.com, under Departments: Human Resources.
Application packets will not be mailed out.
Contact Information: Fire Chief Russell Shelley
3201 Diana Drive
Richland Hills, 76118
Office Number: 817-616-3750
Richland Hills Fire Rescue is a career department with sixteen department members providing fire
suppression, ALS emergency medical services, all hazards response, fire prevention and public
education services to the residents and businesses in the City of Richland Hills and surrounding
areas through mutual aid agreements.
The City of Richland Hills is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal
and state laws.