City of Hurst: Employment Opportunities
New Full-Time Position: Street Maintenance Worker
Performs repair on streets and drainage systems including weeds and brush. Operates and services assigned equipment. Must be available for overtime and standby duty, as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- REPAIRS and RESURFACES streets.
- SHOVELS asphalt from back of dump truck (average load = 22 lbs).
- LIFTS jack hammer from storage (load = 93 lbs).
- LIFTS concrete from storage on truck to bumper for mixing (load = 80 lbs.).
- CLEANS and REPAIRS drainage systems including weed control.
- OPERATES and PERFORMS service and minor maintenance on equipment.
- PERFORMS all related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to learn to repair streets with concrete and asphalt.
- Ability to read and follow safety rules, City rules and codes, and instruction on proper use of chemicals.
- Ability to learn to operate and service related standard transmission equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions to complete an assigned job.
- Ability to work and communicate with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including standing, bending, stooping, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time in adverse conditions, including extreme heat, cold, moisture, dust, and fumes, at various heights, and in confined spaces.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and Class C Texas driver’s license with a good driving record required. A Texas Commercial driver’s license (CDL), Class A with a Tanker Endorsement must be obtained within 60 days of employment. Previous streets/drainage experience preferred.
To apply, please visit www.hursttx.gov.