Irving ISD: 2019-2020 Student, Teacher Calendars Approved
At the January 22 board meeting, trustees approved calendars for the 2019-2020 school year. Thank you to all parents and employees who responded to the calendar survey in December! Based on the feedback, district administrators created calendars for students and teachers:
- Student calendar – for families to easily identify student holidays and other important dates.
- Teacher calendar – for teachers to see holidays as well as professional development and teacher workdays.
Notes about the 2019-2020 calendar:
- The first day of school is Monday, August 19. The last day of school is Thursday, May 28.
- The fall semester will now end December 20, before Christmas Break.
- A Parent Conference Day has been added to the spring so that there is a Parent Conference Day each semester (October 11 and February 14).
- There is at least one day each month designated as a student/teacher holiday.
- Student holidays are as follows
- September 2 – Labor Day
- October 11 – Parent Conference Day
- October 14 – Columbus Day
- November 1 – Teacher Work Day
- November 25-29 – Thanksgiving Break
- December 23-January 3 – Christmas Break
- January 6 – Teacher Work Day
- January 20 – MLK Jr. Day
- February 14 – Parent Conference Day
- February 17 – President’s Day
- March 16-20 – Spring Break
- April 10 – Good Friday
- May 25 – Memorial Day
- March 13 (the Friday before Spring Break) and March 23 (the Monday after Spring Break) have been designated as Bad Weather Days.
- There are four early release days for students in grades K-12: December 19 and 20, and May 27 and 28.
Calendars in English and Spanish will be for you to view and download at www.irvingisd.net/calendar.