Arlington Prepared to Help Neighborhoods When Severe Weather Strikes
With the threat of spring storms around the corner, the City of Arlington recently equipped two trailers with chain saws, generators, safety gear and other emergency equipment and supplies needed to help quickly clean up public streets and sidewalks after severe weather strikes.
The new Public Works and Transportation Emergency Response Trailers, which also include pole saws, lighting and barricades, will help the City more quickly respond to reports of fallen limbs and trees, debris and flooded streets.
With the potential for heavy rain, hail and strong winds in the months ahead, the City wants to make sure its citizens know what to do if severe weather damages trees, fences or other items at their homes or businesses:
- Tree limbs and fence panels will be picked up curbside on regular collection days.
- Tree limbs and fence panels need to be cut into 4-foot or smaller sections and stack them into bundles weighing no more than 50 lbs.
- Republic Services will pick up storm debris at a rate of 1 cubic yard per collection day and will continue to pick up as much as possible on subsequent collection days until all debris is gone.
- For larger jobs, residents can contact Republic Services directly at 817-317-2000 to schedule a chipper service. Please be advised there is a fee for this service.
- In the event of major storm damage, the City of Arlington will survey affected areas and issue additional cleanup information on the City’s website and social media pages. For more information, call the City of Arlington’s Action Center at 817-459-6777 or email email@example.com.
- Residents may also utilize one of their free landfill coupons to take storm debris straight to the Arlington Landfill located at 800 Mosier Valley Road, Euless. Click here to download the coupon.
- Contractors should haul debris directly to the Arlington Landfill.