KISD: ROCK Rise Up Summit: Creating a Culture of Belonging
Keller ISD’s Reaching Out with Character and Kindness (ROCK) program will host the 4th Annual Rise Up Summit, “Creating a Culture of Belonging,” June 10-11.
Educators, students, parents, and the local community are invited to attend a variety of workshops including:
- Creating a Culture of Belonging
- Restorative Practices: Building and Restoring Positive Relationships
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS)
- Mindfulness for Adults and Students
- Social and Emotional Health for Adults and Students
- Wellness for Adults and Students
- Anti-Bullying and David’s Law
- Mental Health Education and Supports
- Community Partnerships and Resources
- Diversity, Respect and Inclusion
Rise Up Summit is presented in partnership with the KISD ROCK Steering Committee and the KISD Counseling Department. Professional employees can earn EQ hours for attending.
This year’s keynote speaker is Meena Srinivasan, an educational leader, writer and innovator with deep expertise in the fields of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) through a culturally revelvant lense and Mindful Awareness Practices (MAP). She is the author of Teach, Breathe, Learn: Mindfulness In and Out of the Classroom.
Registration for the event is now open! Click here to sign up for sessions and plan your schedule!
New this year, is a Cultural Diversity Fair which will be held from 5-8 p.m. June 10, featuring art, food, and performances from all over the world!
Want to get involved? Contact Sarah Sampson at email@example.com.