Southlake Chamber of Commerce Honors Daniel Cortez with 2019 Chairman’s Director of the Year Award
The Southlake Chamber of Commerce honored local business representatives, volunteers, civic groups, and youth at its 2019 Awards Banquet held Friday evening, June 21. Among the winners was Southlake’s Deputy Director of Economic Development and Tourism, Daniel Cortez, who received the Chairman’s Award.
Chamber President Mark Guilbert highlighted Daniel’s ongoing work with the Chamber and his efforts to promote Southlake businesses to explain his selection for the award. He noted that Cortez actively participates in Chamber Board meetings, and attends programs and events offered by the Chamber.
Particularly notable is his work on the Southlake Kids Interested in Leadership (SKIL) program, involving the development of local business job shadowing opportunities and organizing a scholarship reception.
“Daniel is a great representative for the City,” Guilbert said. “Everyone loves him.” Guilbert also praised Cortez for his new business outreach.
“Daniel was the perfect choice for this award,” said Alison Ortowski, Southlake Assistant City Manager. “He is committed to Southlake’s business community and willing to work night and day to support their interests.”
Other Chamber awards included:
- John Fletcher, 2019 Chamber Director of the Year
- Traci Bernard, 2019 Southlake Citizen of the Year
- Ted Bilsky, 2019 Southlake Small Business of the Year
- Janice Horak, 2019 Chamber President’s Award
- Bill Tait, 2019 Southlake Volunteer of the Year
- Lori Cerami, Swim4Elise, 2019 Civic Group of the Year
- Sandra Baber-Sandefur, 2019 Chamber President’s Award
- Kendra Scott, Southlake, 2019 Corporate Business of the Year
- Dr. Paige Sohn, 2019 Chamber Ambassador of the Year
- Mitchell Gruenewald, 2019 Southlake Youth of the Year
- Mike Lafavers, Feedstore BBQ & More, 2019 Chamber Member Legacy Award
Congratulations to Daniel Cortez and all of the award winners.