Hurst Employment Opportunity
PT not TMRS Eligible Part-TimeManual Labor
Department: General Services
Division: Hurst Conference Center
Job Type: Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary/Pay Rate: $14.00/hr.
Job Number: 11-19-59
This General Worker is responsible for cleaning and general maintenance of the Hurst Conference Center (HCC) facilities. This position is involved with events in assisting in the conversion (set-up/ tear down) of events at the HCC. This person may also be assigned general custodial duties during event hours.
- Prepares function space for meetings including moving furniture.
- Assists in the setting of tables, chairs, and other equipment for events, as needed. Does painting, equipment repair and general maintenance as directed.
- Maintains public areas, parking lots, loading docks, service corridors and storage rooms in a clean, safe and efficient manner.
- Is familiar with custodial procedures including, equipment, proper usage of chemicals and proper personal protective equipment, as applicable.
- Must work with guests, patrons, and other employees in a courteous manner.
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Ability to work a varied schedule under diverse conditions and according to sometimes stringent time schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent. Applicant must possess current, valid driver’s license and a current working home telephone with a number that can be accessed by the Operations Supervisor or the General Manager. Willingness to obtain certifications that may be necessary to perform job functions.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.