Hurst Employment Opportunities – Senior Center Lifeguard
Part time Senior Center Lifeguard
Department: Community Services
Job Type: Part-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Pay Rate: $13.00/hr.
Job Number: 73-19-72
Will perform duties under the direct supervision of the Recreation Manager – Athletics/Aquatics. This position will work approximately 10-15 hours per week. This position is not eligible for TMRS.
- Ensures staff and guest safety by supervising activities that occur in the pools and surround areas.
- Performs rescue and first aid techniques when required.
- Assist instructors with readying the facility for City Of Hurst programs.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and can excel at applying said skills when interacting city employees or guests.
- Will assist the Recreation Manager / Recreation Specialist – Athletics/Aquatics in achieving the official goals established by the City of Hurst.
- Sets a positive example through action, appearance, and behavior. Exemplifies the City of Hurst’s Code of Ideals and Good to Great practices.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and skill in performing water rescue techniques, first aid and CPR on all persons.
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, professional, and able to work effectively in a public environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other City employees in face-to-face situations, by telephone and two-way radio in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to make judgments in an objective manner.
- Positive recommendations from previous employers and/or supervisors.
- Conduct 4 hours of in-service training a month.
- Ability to hear guests in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ability to swim and perform rescue operations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods while observing pool patrons.
- Ability to reach, lift and/or carry persons while performing rescue operations.
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, kneel, push, pull, and stoop while performing rescue operations or other duties.
- Fine dexterity with fingers and hands required to handle items.
- Ability to communicate orally in person, by telephone and two-radio in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Majority of work is performed indoors and is subject to chemical hazards.
- Work may be subject to timer pressures, emergencies, and frequent changes to tasks, working closely with others as part of team, working alone 50% or more of the time, performing multiple tasks simultaneously, and dealing with difficult persons.
Minimum age 16. Previous lifeguard experience preferred. American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or Ellis and Associates ILTP license required.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.