Hurst Employment Opportunities – Water Utilities Dispatcher
Department: Public Works
Division: Water Utilities
Immediate Supervisor: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
Annual Salary: $16.56 to $20.64 per hour (DOQ)
Monitors and controls the water production system through the City’s SCADA system, operates and monitors the Public Works radio communications system, and assists with maintenance of the water utilities equipment and facilities. Must be available to work all shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, as may be assigned. Must be available to work overtime, as needed, with little or no notice.
1. MONITORS and CONTROLS the water system pumps, wells, and purchased water metering stations through the supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA).
2. MAINTAINS an accurate account of water storage and supply facilities and their capacities/capabilities.
3. PREPARES reports on water consumption, and Water Works Operations Report for Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
4. ENTERS data necessary for the Public Works Department work order system.
5. FULFILLS the FCC requirements for radio frequency operations.
6. MONITORS Public Works Department radio transmissions, weather stations 24 hours a day reporting bad weather and rainfall, and responds as required.
7. RECEIVES emergency calls from the public for assistance from Public Works Department and dispatches the appropriate personnel accordingly.
8. MAINTAINS log of City vehicle locations on a 24-hour basis.
9. WORKS rotating shifts to provide continual communication services and water system control services 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
10. ARRIVES at work on time and WORKS assigned schedule.
11. May ASSIST with the field operations and maintenance of the water utilities equipment and facilities, if needed.
12. RESPONSIBLE for reducing the maximum day and maximum hour charges paid to the City of Fort Worth and balance the water distribution between well water and Fort Worth water as demand necessitates.
13. PERFORMS housekeeping and other related duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work as a positive team member and in accordance with the City’s Code of Ideals.
2. Skills in effective oral and written communication.
3. Skills in basic operation of computer hardware and software.
4. Knowledge of water utilities system.
5. Ability to learn and follow radio procedures and laws regulating radio transmissions.
6. Ability to sit for extended periods of time to operate required equipment, such as, radio, computer keyboard, and telephone.
7. Ability to work and communicate effectively with City personnel and the public.
8. Ability to maintain accurate records with attention to detail.
9. Ability to monitor several radio frequencies and telephone lines simultaneously and to react quickly and effectively in emergency situations, as required.
10. Ability to perform routine and minor maintenance to pumping equipment and system controllers located at the various water production facilities.
High school diploma or equivalent, three years experience in a related field, and valid State of Texas Driver’s License with good driving record.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.