Hurst Employment – Water Utilities Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker
Department: Public Works
Division: Water Utilities
Job Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary/Pay Rate: $14.13 per hour (with an additional amount for an applicant already licensed or certified)
Job Number: 69-20-03
Inspects, maintains, and repairs all facets of the Wastewater Collection system infrastructure and to assist in the maintenance of the water distribution/water production systems. Must be available for overtime and standby duties, as required.
1. PERFORMS repairs and maintenance on Wastewater Collection system, including sewer collection mains, sewer line manholes, and sewer line clean outs.
2. MOVES generator or compressor from flat bed truck to ground (load = 100 lbs.), moves manhole cover to gain access to manhole (load = 118 lbs.).
3. OPERATES valve wrench in a push/pull fashion, and dispenses sewer hose from truck (push/pull force = 65 lbs., distance = 250 ft.).
4. OPERATES and services equipment such as Vactor trucks, backhoes, dump trucks, skid loader and television inspection devices and other equipment used in repair and maintenance of sewers.
5. PERFORMS minor maintenance on all assigned operating equipment and tooling.
6. PERFORMS landscaping work following planned or emergency repairs to the Wastewater Collection system.
7. PERFORMS other maintenance related duties in Water Utilities Division, as required.
8. PERFORMS daily checks on assigned vehicles to ensure proper and safe operation.
9. PERFORMS inventory and accountability on all crew assigned tools, parts and equipment.
10. PERFORMS other system maintenance related duties, as assigned.
11. PERFORMS duties related to water production and distribution, as assigned.
12. PERFORMS standby duty for emergency repairs on weekends, holidays, and nights as scheduled.
13. PERFORMS housekeeping all other related duties as assigned.
14. PERFORMS Crewleader duties in the absence of the Crewleader.
15. CLEANS the wastewater collection system on a monthly and yearly schedule.
1. Ability to learn and adhere to the City of Hurst Code of Ideals.
2. Knowledge of basic plumbing repair, materials and construction procedures preferred.
3. Ability to read and interpret water utility system mapping.
4. Ability to learn to operate and maintain equipment and tools used to repair and maintain water system infrastructure.
5. Ability to learn and follow oral and written instructions, and to learn and obey safety procedures.
6. Ability to work and communicate effectively with co-workers and the public.
7. Ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, twisting, standing, and walking for extended period of time in adverse conditions, including extreme heat, cold, moisture, dust, and fumes, at various heights, and in confined spaces.
High school diploma or equivalent, and a valid Class C Texas driver’s license with a good driving record required. A Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A with Tanker Endorsement must be obtained within 60 days of employment. Previous water system experience preferred.