Inaugural Leap Into Wellness Event
GCISD hosted its inaugural Leap Into Wellness event on February 29. The safety, health and wellness conference was geared towards students of all ages and families. Admission was FREE with snacks and drinks provided and the entire community was invited.
The conference featured over 40 sessions on safety, nutrition, physical and mental wellness, as well as a landing and demonstration from a PHI Med 10 medical helicopter crew.
Sessions covered a wide variety of subjects, including:
- Self-defense (taught by Grapevine Police Department)
- Identity theft protection (taught by Colleyville Police Department)
- Culinary academy and demonstration (presented by GCISD Nutrition Services)
- Standard response protocols (presented by GCISD School Security and Emergency Management)
- Technology addiction and anxiety
- PHI Med 10 helicopter demonstration