Hurst Employment Opportunity – Buyer
The City of Hurst is seeking an outgoing and motivated Buyer to join our team. The right candidate must have excellent customer service skills, work well with others, communicate effectively, solve complex issues and be able to identify and implement improvements to processes. The Buyer will also have the opportunity to take part in projects that will help them grow in their career and add value to the City.
The City of Hurst Buyer will be responsible for ensuring all laws, policies and procedures are followed by reviewing city expenditures and requests for expenditures made via procurement card and the requisition/purchase order process. Related duties will include contract administration, vendor management, bid solicitation, procurement card program administration, and purchasing records management. The Buyer will also be tasked with training city staff on the various rules and methods of purchasing in order for them to carry out their functions legally and effectively.
The Buyer will report to and receive direction from the Director of Risk/Purchasing.
We are pleased to offer an annual salary of $50,000. The City provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees and their families. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, long term care and disability coverage, as well as other optional programs. The City participates in Social Security and in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Employees enjoy personalized support for well living through the City’s Healthy Hurst initiative.
• Coordinate vendor setup process and maintain the City’s database of Vendors through data entry, communication and coordination.
• Coordinates with City Departments, the development of bid specifications for capital equipment, professional services, construction projects, and annual contracts for materials and supplies that exceed maximum cumulative purchase limits.
• Conducts bid openings, post bid specifications online, place bid advertisements and maintain bidding records according to records retention policy.
• Assist with the disposal of surplus property through city auctions.
• Administer the city’s procurement card program including, but not limited to, setting up new cardholder accounts, logging changes, providing troubleshooting support, maintaining the integrity of card and cardholder information through approvals and audits, and providing end user training of use and policy.
• Develop and maintain electronic, workflow capable forms utilizing available software.
• Create purchase orders (PO’s) for departmental purchases based off of approved requisitions. Including ensuring proper purchasing procedures have been follow and closing open PO’s at year end.
• Serve as contract administrator, to include but not limited to, monitoring awarded contracts, sending renewal requests, corresponding with vendors, scanning and uploading signed contracts to the city’s contract management system and corresponding with user departments on renewals and vendor performance.
• Maintain effective and appropriate office supply inventories for utilization by office staff.
• Host safety training sessions for City Staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required and one to three years of general office experience preferred. Experience with database functionality and Microsoft Office products preferred. Demonstrated high level customer service by phone and in person required.