Important update to FWISD’s Meals to Go program
The Fort Worth ISD is making some important changes to the daily Meals To Go program that provides children with lunch and breakfast.
Starting April 6, all Meals To Go sites will:
- Feed between noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Require one of a variety of forms of identification for each child’s meal, only if the child does not accompany the adult. Acceptable forms of identification:
- Student ID badge.
- Birth certificate.
- Old student report card.
- FWISD letter/email listing children enrolled.
- Meal application approval letter listing children enrolled.
- Government benefit letter listing children (SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, etc.).
Additionally, the Meals To Go site at Southwest High School will permanently relocate to Woodway Elementary School, 6701 Woodway.
Finally, there will not be any meals distributed on April 10 (Good Friday). Instead, Meals To Go for Friday and Saturday (April 10-11), breakfast and lunch, will be distributed on Thursday, April 9 at all sites from noon to 1:30 p.m.
To learn more, visit the FWISD website.