MEAL DISTRIBUTION MOVING TO TWO DAYS PER WEEK
Beginning Monday, April 13, Keller ISD’s COVID-19 closure drive-through meal pick-up will move to a two-days-per-week schedule, distributing multi-day, packaged breakfasts and lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Meals will continue to be served curbside from 10:30 a.m-1 p.m. at the same 11 campus sites at which meals are currently being distributed:
- Basswood Elementary School (3100 Clay Mountain Trail, Fort Worth, 76137)
- Bluebonnet Elementary School (7000 Teal Drive, Fort Worth, 76137)
- Caprock Elementary School (12301 Grey Twig Drive, Fort Worth, 76244)
- Eagle Ridge Elementary School (4600 Alta Vista Road, Fort Worth, 76244)
- Friendship Elementary School (5400 Shiver Road, Fort Worth, 76244)
- Heritage Elementary School (4001 Thompson Road, Fort Worth, 76244)
- Keller-Harvel Elementary School (635 Norma Lane, Keller, 76248)
- North Riverside Elementary School (7900 North Riverside Road, Fort Worth, 76137)
- Parkview Elementary School (6900 Bayberry Drive, Fort Worth, 76137)
- Sunset Valley Elementary School (2032 Canchim Street, Fort Worth, 76131)
- Whitley Road Elementary School (7600 Whitley Road, Watauga, 76148)
Daily meal service will continue April 6-9. There will be no meal service Friday, April 10, as Keller ISD will be closed for a District Holiday. Meals for both Thursday and Friday will be distributed on Thursday, April 9.
Beginning April 13, meals will only be distributed on Mondays and Wednesdays. Meals for Mondays and Tuesdays will be distributed Mondays, while meals for Wednesdays through Fridays will be picked up on Wednesdays.
Parents are requested to remain in their car as they drive through to pick up meals. Meals are available to any children in Keller ISD and not restricted to students on free/reduced lunch plans. Parents may pick up the meals without children present, but must be prepared to show their student’s ID badge or provide their child’s Student ID Number.
These healthy meals will include protein, grain, fruit, and vegetables. Milk will also be available as an option.
Additionally, the Community Storehouse has offered its continued support of children and families in our community. The Storehouse will remain open during its normal office hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday) and will offer both emergency food boxes (ID only) and monthly food support (with additional documents). More information, including volunteer opportunities, can be found on its website at CommunityStorehouse.org.