COVID-19 Community Based Testing Sites Now Provide Self-Testing Kits, Opens Criteria
Dallas, Texas – Both Community Based Testing Sites (CBTS) will open the criteria to include testing for anyone 65-years-old or older and anyone with chronic health issues (diabetes, asthma, heart problems, etc.) beginning April 16.
Both CBTS locations have transitioned to using the self-swab testing kits, from nasopharyngeal swabs.
The federal government has notified local CBTS they are increasing the federal testing limit to 500 tests per day, per site. The previous limit was 250 tests, per day, per site.
The sites operate daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are located at:
• American Airlines Center, Parking Lot E, 2500 Victory Plaza
• Ellis Davis Field House, 9191 S Polk St.
Criteria for testing sites areas follows:
• Must have temperature of 99.6 or higher and shortness of breath or cough; OR
• Anyone 65-years-old or older; OR
• Anyone with chronic health issues (diabetes, asthma, heart issues, etc.)
For more information on the CBTS and City resources, visit dallascityhall.com/covid19.