City of Hurst: Employment Opportunities
New Full-Time Position: Wastewater Maintenance Worker
Inspects, maintains, and repairs all facets of the Wastewater Collection system infrastructure and to assist in the maintenance of the water distribution/water production systems. Must be available for overtime and standby duties, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- PERFORMS repairs and maintenance on Wastewater Collection system, including sewer collection mains, sewer line manholes, and sewer line clean outs.
- MOVES generator or compressor from flat bed truck to ground (load = 100 lbs.), moves manhole cover to gain access to manhole (load = 118 lbs.).
- OPERATES valve wrench in a push/pull fashion, and dispenses sewer hose from truck (push/pull force = 65 lbs., distance = 250 ft.)
- OPERATES and services equipment such as Vactor trucks, backhoes, dump trucks, skid loader and television inspection devices and other equipment used in repair and maintenance of sewers.
- PERFORMS minor maintenance on all assigned operating equipment and tooling.
- PERFORMS landscaping work following planned or emergency repairs to the Wastewater Collection system.
- PERFORMS other maintenance related duties in Water Utilities Division, as required.
- PERFORMS daily checks on assigned vehicles to ensure proper and safe operation.
- PERFORMS inventory and accountability on all crew assigned tools, parts and equipment.
- PERFORMS other system maintenance related duties, as assigned.
- PERFORMS duties related to water production and distribution, as assigned.
- PERFORMS standby duty for emergency repairs on weekends, holidays, and nights as scheduled.
- PERFORMS housekeeping all other related duties as assigned.
- PERFORMS Crewleader duties in the absence of the Crewleader.
- CLEANS the wastewater collection system on a monthly and yearly schedule.
New Part-Time Position: Part-time Library Aide
Assists in a variety of library departments with may vary according to organizational need. Assignments my include: assisting with Circulation activities, shelving and filing materials in proper order, shifting materials and reading collections for errors, assisting the public ins scheduling and using computers, library software and other library equipment, assisting librarians, assisting with programs, and in the preparation and maintenance of the collections, at the Check Out Desk and with circulation activities. This part-time position must be available to work 20 to 25 hours per including Saturdays and some evenings.
Essential Job Functions
- ARRIVES at work on TIME and WORKS assigned schedule. ISSUES library cards, COLLECTS fines, and PROVIDES assistance to the public regarding circulation matters
- SHELVES and FILES materials in proper order. SHIFTS materials and READS collections for errors.
- REVIEWS materials for damage, wear and tear. CLEARS and SORTS outside and inside return drops.
- PROVIDES guidance to the public in locating materials and using library equipment such as express self check stations, microform readers, computers and copy center equipment. ASSISTS with special projects and programs as assigned.
- KEEPS public areas neat. CHECKS out and CLEARS materials.
- ASSISTS in the processing of library materials and related collection and database maintenance activities performed by the Technical Services unit.
- PERFORMS custom covering, labeling, preparation and final inspection of materials for the public.
- ASSISTS in various library departments as assigned.
- PERFORMS other related duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit www.hursttx.gov.