Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Northeast Times | October 18, 2021

Scroll to top

Top

Keller ISD School Notes

Keller ISD School Notes

Fine Arts Hosts 2015 Marching Expo September 29

Keller ISD’s Fine Arts Department is proud to announce the third annual, district-wide Marching Expo will be held Tuesday, September 29, at the Keller ISD Athletics Complex.

Beginning at 7 p.m., bands from throughout the District will take the field for a special night of marching and music. Every Keller ISD middle school and high school band will perform, with the high school bands showcasing this year’s marching programs. The night will conclude with a grand finale, performed on the field by more than 3,000 high school and middle school musicians!

Admission is $5 and tickets can be purchased from any band student. All proceeds from the Marching Expo will provide funds for the KISD Music Enrichment Program.

New this year will be the presence of the In-n-Out Burger Cookout Truck which will be on site from 6-7:30 p.m. offering a $5 meal deal that features a burger, chips and a drink. Of the proceeds from those sales, 75 percent will go to KISD Fine Arts programs, while the other 25 percent will be donated to charities in the Keller community.

Keller ISD Athletics Complex is located at 500 Pate-Orr Road North in Keller.

Don’t miss this exciting night of music, marching, and more!

Keller ISD Marching Expo
7-9 p.m. Tuesday, September 29
Keller ISD Athletics Complex
500 Pate-Orr Road North
Tickets: $5

 

2015-16 Brown Bag with Dr. Reid Dates Announced

The dates for the 2015-16 Brown Bag with Dr. Reid events have been announced with the Keller ISD Superintendent scheduled to host events at eight campuses this year.

Brown Bag events are an opportunity for parents and community members to meet and visit with Superintendent Dr. Randy Reid as he shares the latest happenings in the District and answers questions from those in attendance. Each month of the school year, Dr. Reid visits a different campus hosted by the respective school’s PTA. Every year a different set of schools is selected to host a Brown Bag event.

This year’s schedule includes:

 

  • September 24, 2015 – Friendship Elementary
  • October 15, 2015 – Woodland Springs Elementary
  • November 19, 2015 – Independence Elementary
  • January 21, 2016 – Keller High
  • February 18, 2016 – Bluebonnet Elementary
  • March 24, 2016 – Ridgeview Elementary
  • April 21, 2016 – Parkwood Hill Intermediate
  • May 19, 2016 – Central High

 

All Brown Bag events will be held at noon in the library of the host campus, unless otherwise noted. Dates of Brown Bag events are subject to change, but any changes will be well publicized on KellerISD.net and the District’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.

 

Run in the Dark with Community Storehouse September 19

The 16th Annual Run in the Dark, benefiting Community Storehouse, is scheduled this year for September 19, 2015 at Alliance Town Center’s Bluestem Park.

More than 3,000 runners participated in the 2014 Run. Each year, more runners join the event, participating in the one-mile fun run and 5K and 10K races.

Whether you choose to become a sponsor, volunteer your time, or put together a team to run, you are helping at-risk children in the greater Keller community. All proceeds from the event go back to children in our area, providing essential services to prevent hunger and provide educational support, resources, and stability.

The schedule for this year’s event is:


4 p.m. – Registration/Packet Pick-up
5:30 p.m. – Food Trucks On Site
7 p.m. – 1 Mile Fun Run
7:45 p.m. – 5K/10K Start
9 p.m. – Awards

 
Discounted rates are available to friends and families who sign up with their child’s school! To sign up and receive a discount for Run in the Dark, choose to register under Schools/Storehouse Cup. (http://www.runinthedarkdfw.com/2015-waiver-form/) This will take you to a form where you can sign up to run with your child’s school campus and receive a discounted rate. Not only do you receive a discount, but your t-shirts and bibs will be delivered directly to your child’s campus, making it easier for you!

The campus with the most runners will win the coveted “Storehouse Cup Trophy.” This will be the eighth year for Community Storehouse to award the trophy to the school with the highest participation. There will be two trophies awarded: one for Elementary/Intermediate and one for Middle/High Schools. A school team consists of children and adults who register under their school’s name. Also, a free gift is included for all who register in the 10K/5K or 1 Mile Fun Run!

Entries must be received by Friday, September 11 to be counted toward the school competition. If your school has at least 50 runners, the Community Storehouse will award your school with a special gift of appreciation. Join with the Community Storehouse and help make this event a success!