City of Hurst: Employment Opportunities
New Part-Time Position: Part-Time Tennis Attendant
Monitors the activities and participants at the Hurst Tennis Center. Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekend hours. Position is for approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and can excel at applying the City of Hurst’s Code of Ideals and Good to Great practices in all interpersonal relationships with city staff, contract instructors and the general public.
- Provides customer service by answering questions and concerns, assisting and advising customers on programs and equipment, maintaining tennis center equipment for customers including regripping and restringing tennis rackets and maintaining the stringing machine.
- Greets and registers participants for tennis lessons and classes; accepts payment for ball machine rental, court rental fees, concession items, racket stringing program
- Accurately enters all fees into RecTrac and provide receipt to guests.
- Maintains accurate records for registrations, daily deposits, reservations, etc.
- Supervise the issuance, use, care and maintenance of tennis supplies and equipment (which may require the use of basic tools and set up of the ball machine).
- Ensures staff and guest safety which may include sweeping and rolling down dirty/wet courts, filling water coolers, supplying cups, emptying trash cans, cleaning restrooms and office area, reporting maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of city-wide and facility special events and tournaments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with City personnel and the public, at times under emotional, stressful conditions.
- Ability to assist the public promptly and professionally.
- Computer experience preferred.
Position Requirements and Preferences
Customer service experience required. First Aid, CPR and AED certifications required or must be able to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
Position requires sitting for extended periods of times with occasional walking and standing, lifting and maneuvering approximately 40 pounds, and physical movement necessary for cleaning facilities (bending, stooping, kneeling, and grasping).
To apply, please visit www.hursttx.gov.