Saginaw Recycle Day
Saginaw Recycle Day will be held on Saturday, October 10th, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM at 205 Brenda Lane (Public Works Facility, next to the Animal Shelter).
Must provide a current SAGINAW residential water bill. Due to limited capacity, only vehicles in line before 11:00 AM will be admitted. The line will close at 11:00 AM or earlier for household hazardous waste if capacity is reached.
BULK WASTE ACCEPTED:
Tree limbs, brush, furniture, tires, bulk household waste, appliances; Refrigerators, air conditioners or any appliance containing Freon must have proof of Freon removal attached to the appliance.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE ACCEPTED:
Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL’s), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints & stains, paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid and varnish.
WHAT IS NOT ACCEPTED:
Commercial or Industrial waste, ammunition, asbestos, building materials, butane cylinders, explosives, medical waste, PCB’s, propane cylinders, radioactive material, smoke detectors.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISPOSING OF WASTE:
- If a product is still usable, give it to someone instead of bringing it for disposal.
- Bring liquid paint sorted by type (i.e. latex, oil based and lead based).
- Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material (i.e. glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- If a container has no label and the contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
- Do no transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Put them in the trunk or in a pick-up bed.
For more information please call 817-230-0500.