A Proud Message from Saginaw City Manager, Gabe Reaume (Staff Promotions)
Effective February 1, 2019, I am pleased to announce the following staff promotions:
- Randy Newsom will be promoted to the position of Assistant Director of Public Works.
- Larry Little will be promoted to Building Official. Kevin McMillin will retire the end of this month. He will continue to serve Saginaw on contract to assist with building inspections.
- Chris Dyer, currently a Building Inspector, will be promoted to Senior Building Inspector.
- Jarid Smith, currently Animal Services Officer, will fill a vacant Building Inspector position. He has become certified as a Building Inspector under the training of Kevin McMillin and Larry Little.
- Working with Rick Trice, Jarred Coursey will lead the Public Works Department’s accreditation efforts. He will serve as the accreditation manager to see through the 2-3 year process of becoming nationally recognized through the American Public Works Association (APWA).
- Jose Wheeland, formerly Animal Services Officer, will be promoted to the Animal Services Supervisor.
- Russell Ragsdale (Police Captain) will be promoted to the position of Assistant Chief of Police, serving as the department’s clear second in command.
Congratulations to each of you!