Fort Worth: Safe Routes to School projects to get underway
The North Central Texas Council of Governments has given the city a grant to implement safe routes to school improvements for seven area elementary schools.
Make plans to attend a project meeting scheduled to hear more about planned improvements:
- Bonnie Brae Elementary, 6 p.m. March 27, Bonnie Brae Elementary, 3504 Kimbo Road.
- Mary Louise Phillips Elementary, 6 p.m. April 3, R.D. Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Road.
- W.J. Turner Elementary and Diamond Hill Elementary, 6 p.m. April 4, Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 N.E. 36th St.
- Christene C. Moss Elementary and D. McRae Elementary, 11 a.m. April 6, Eugene McCray Community Center, 4932 Wilbarger St.
- Daggett Elementary, 6 p.m. April 15. Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill St.
The Safe Routes to School project designs and constructs new sidewalks, crosswalks, curb ramps, signs and bicycle facilities within a quarter-mile radius of selected schools.
To learn more, contact project manager Chad Allen at 817-392-8021.