Keller ISD Board Calls Bond Election Impacting All 42 Campuses
KISD’s Citizens Bond Advisory Committee (CBAC) proposed the slate of 11 projects to the Board at the July 22, 2019, Regular Meeting. The proposal represented two months of work by CBAC to prioritize projects identified by the Keller ISD’s Long-Range Facility Planning Committee, another citizen-based body that spent five months compiling a Long-Range Facility Plan for the District’s 10-Year Business Plan. The Long-Range Facility Plan identified 66 projects totaling more than $1.17 billion to bring Keller ISD’s facilities in alignment with the District’s core values. Of that list, CBAC prioritized the 11 projects estimated to cost just under $315 million.
All 42 of Keller ISD’s campuses will be impacted by at least one of the 11 projects.
Previous fiscally responsible decisions by the District along with strong property values will allow Keller ISD to sell the bonds without raising KISD’s property tax rate.
“We are very grateful for all of the work of the hundreds of people involved in the Long-Range Facility Planning and Citizens Bond Advisory Committee processes,” said Board President Cindy Lotton. “Their recommendation sets the District on the path of addressing our long-range facility needs and also allows the Board to stay committed to not raising property tax rates.”
Projects to be addressed in the 2019 Bond Election include:
- The replacement of four of KISD’s oldest campuses (Florence ES, Heritage ES, Parkview ES, and Whitley Road ES);
- District-wide safety and security upgrades;
- District-wide MEP and life safety upgrades;
- District-wide technology upgrades;
- Renovations and additions at KISD’s two oldest middle schools (Fossil Hill MS and Keller MS);
- Indoor extra-curricular facilities at all comprehensive high schools (Central HS, Fossil Ridge HS, Keller HS, and Timber Creek HS); and
- Construction of an industrial trades and agriscience center.
The 2019 Bond Election will be held in conjunction with the Tarrant County Joint Elections, with Early Voting taking place October 21-November 1, and Election Day set for Tuesday, November 5.