Water Utilities Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker
Are you a motivated and dedicated team player? If yes, you can be part of a successful organization and a team that assumes a sense of responsibility and takes pride for a job well done. Join Team Hurst. The City of Hurst is seeking a Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker.
The position is full-time and starts at a base rate of $14.13 per hour with an additional amount for an applicant already licensed or certified. A Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker will inspect, maintain, and repair all facets of the wastewater collection system infrastructure and assist in the maintenance of the water distribution/water production systems. The regular schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4 pm. The City provides 24/7 support to its water customers which requires all Maintenance Workers to be on standby rotations to include nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned. Therefore, the person filling this position must be available for overtime and standby when needed.
The City provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees and their families. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, long term care and disability coverage, as well as other optional programs. The City participates in Social Security and in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Employees enjoy personalized support for well living through the City’s Healthy Hurst initiative.
1. PERFORMS repairs and maintenance on the Wastewater Collection system, including sewer collection mains, sewer line manholes, and sewer line cleanouts.
2. MOVES generator or compressor from a flatbed truck to ground (load = 100 lbs.), moves manhole cover to gain access to manhole (load = 118 lbs.).
3. OPERATES valve wrench in a push/pull fashion, and dispenses sewer hose from a truck (push/pull force = 65 lbs., distance = 250 ft.).
4. OPERATES and services equipment such as Vactor trucks, backhoes, dump trucks, skid loaders, and television inspection devices and other equipment used in the repair and maintenance of sewers.
5. PERFORMS minor maintenance on all assigned operating equipment and tooling.
6. PERFORMS landscaping work following planned or emergency repairs to the Wastewater Collection System.
7. PERFORMS other maintenance-related duties in Water Utilities Division, as required.
8. PERFORMS daily checks on assigned vehicles to ensure proper and safe operation.
9. PERFORMS inventory and accountability on all crew assigned tools, parts and equipment.
10. PERFORMS other system maintenance related duties, as assigned.
11. PERFORMS duties related to water production and distribution, as assigned.
12. PERFORMS standby duty for emergency repairs on weekends, holidays, and nights as scheduled.
13. PERFORMS housekeeping all other related duties as assigned.
14. PERFORMS Crewleader duties in the absence of the Crew leader.
15. CLEANS the wastewater collection system on a monthly and yearly schedule.
High school diploma or equivalent, and a valid Class C Texas driver’s license with a good driving record required. A Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A with Tanker Endorsement must be obtained within 60 days of employment. Previous water system experience preferred.
1. Knowledge of basic plumbing repair, materials and construction procedures preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret water utility system mapping.
3. Ability to learn to operate and maintain equipment and tools used to repair and maintain water system infrastructure.
4. Ability to learn and follow oral and written instructions, and to learn and obey safety procedures.
5. Ability to work and communicate effectively with co-workers and the public.
6. Ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, twisting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time in adverse conditions, including extreme heat, cold, moisture, dust, and fumes, at various heights, and in confined spaces.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
The city of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.