Hurst Employment – School Crossing Guard – Alternate
Division: Public Service Officer Unit
Job Type: Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Pay Rate: $12.78 per hour
Job Number: 40-20-11
Ensure the safety and welfare of children crossing roadways at designated school crossing site on school days at designated times. This is a part time, as-needed position. The position would provide temporary support in the absence of an active school crossing guard. Working hours are from 7:15 AM to 8:15 AM and from 2 PM to 4 PM on school days. Work is performed outdoors in all kinds of weather, standing for long periods of time.
1. ASSISTS children on their way to and from school in safely crossing designated roadways and intersections.
2. WALKS children across designated roadways or intersections while holding a “stop” sign in such a manner as to be visible to approaching vehicles.
3. MAINTAINS awareness of safety conditions at designated school crossing site to ensure safety and welfare of children at all times.
4. ARRIVES at work on time and WORKS assigned schedule.
5. ADHERES to the City of Hurst Code of Ideals.
6. PERFORMS all other related duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of traffic control techniques and procedures.
2. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
3. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with coworkers and the general public.
4. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
6. Ability to work in various weather conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.