City Council preview: Tuesday, Feb. 18
The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings on Feb. 18.
All meetings are held at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. Complete meeting agendas are available online.
If you can not attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 290
- Councilmembers will hear a report from City Manager David Cooke, Michael Morris of the North Central Texas Council of Governments and Loyl Busell, Texas Department of Transportation, regarding progress on three Trinity River Vision bridges.
- The results of the biennial Community Survey will be presented.
- Park and Recreation Director Richard Zavala will provide an update on the city’s aquatics program and related drowning prevent efforts, while Library Director Manya Shorr will provide an update on the new library facilities master plan.
- Informal reports will be presented by Neighborhood Services Director Victor Turner about the planned Las Vegas Trail Community Center and by Regional Transportation Coordinator Chad Edwards on ongoing transit initiatives.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Councilmembers will vote on accepting maintenance project grants from the Texas Department of Transportation for Alliance Airport, Meacham International Airport and Spinks Airport ($50,000 each).
- Three zoning cases are on the agenda.