Hurst – Community Code Inspector
3 days agoRequisition ID: 1481
Do you want to be part of a successful organization that is driven by excellent customer service and employees who consistently seek a teamwork approach of motivation and dedication? Do you take pride in yourself for a job well done? Join Team Hurst. The City of Hurst is seeking a Community Code Inspector.
This position is full time and starts at a base rate of $21.19 per hour, up to $24.52 per hour dependent on license/certification qualifications. A Community Code Inspector ensures that City ordinances are enforced, inspects for violations of trash and debris, grass and weeds, zoning violations, inoperative vehicles, sign regulations, housing conditions, parking lot maintenance, sanitation conditions, and other violations that may occur within the City. This position also assists Building Inspection staff.
The City provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees and their families. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, long term care and disability coverage, as well as other optional programs. The City participates in Social Security and the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Employees enjoy personalized support for well living through the City’s Healthy Hurst initiative.
1. ENFORCES zoning and other ordinances that pertain to maintenance or safety and portable sign ordinance regarding sign locations, permits, etc.
2. ADVISES property owners and other interested parties of violations of the City code.
3. PREPARES written reports concerning violations and DESCRIBES the necessary repairs for compliance. PREPARES monthly status report on the progress of areas under inspection and previous violations.
4. MAINTAINS documentation of inspections and actions taken.
5. INVESTIGATES complaints regarding zoning or other ordinance violations. ISSUES notices when violations are discovered. FOLLOWS-UP to insure compliance.
6. ISSUES citations when needed and TESTIFIES in court regarding violations.
7. SPOT CHECKS job sites for proper permits and licenses for remodeling, sprinkler systems, etc.
8. Visually INSPECTS all districts of the city
9. WILLING to advance job skills through continuing education.
10. ARRIVES at work on time and works assigned schedule.
11. PERFORMS other related duties, as assigned.
High school diploma or GED, minimum of three years experience in a related field, a valid appropriate State of Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record, and ability to obtain a Code Enforcement License through the State of Texas within 6 months required. Current Code Enforcement License and Spanish language skills preferred.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
City of Hurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.