June 21, 2024
TRS-ActiveCare total premiums and benefits for the 2024-25 plan year are posted! Keep in mind this isn’t the total you’ll pay – your employer’s contribution isn’t reflected. But our plan highlights documents will have details about copays, deductibles and more benefits to review!See Benefits
cartoon woman walking Don’t Underestimate the Power of Walking When it comes to simple ways to stay healthy and workout, don’t underestimate the power of walking! Walking is one of the most popular exercises among adults. And it’s easy to see why.Start Walking
stroke awareness month Stroke AwarenessA stroke can happen in an instant and can be a life-altering event. It inspires fear and worry in many, and for good reason. A stroke can strike anyone — no matter your age, ethnicity or sex.Be Aware
burn out 6 Signs You’re Burned OutStudies show that chronic stress can lead to burnout for employees in “helping professions,” such as teaching. Here are tips for recognizing, preventing and beating burnout.Know the Signs
medical supplies Value-Based Health Care: What is it?Value-based care focuses on you. It’s a team approach to your care, and your primary care provider is the coach.What is it?
→ Retiring Soon? Don’t Forget To Switch to TRS-Care Pulse 
Have a question about your benefits?TRS Health:  
1-888-237-6762Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–6 p.m. CSTTRS-ActiveCare – BCBSTX (medical): 
1-866-355-5999TRS-ActiveCare – Express Scripts (prescription): 1-844-367-6108 Click the “unsubscribe” link below to stop receiving these messages. Important Dates and RemindersNew TRS-Care Medicare Advantage Enrollees: Participants enrolling in the TRS-Care Medicare plans with a coverage start date on or after Jan. 1, 2024 must send their Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) to TRS. You may either mail or fax (512-542-6575) the form to TRS, or call us at 1-888-237-6762. If TRS does not get your MBI, TRS will not be able to enroll you, and you risk losing TRS-Care coverage altogether. If your TRS-Care Medicare Advantage coverage began prior to Jan. 1, 2024, you do not need to send your MBI to TRS.  Keep your address current with TRS: If you need to change your address, we need to get written notice with your social security number or TRS Participant ID number, and your signature. You may also change your address online if you’re currently a registered MyTRS user. Alternatively, you may mail or fax us a Change of Address Notification form (TRS 358).